Q: Cranks won't start

Could a transmission fluid temp sensor fault cause no start?

The transmission fluid temperature sensor is not needed at start-up. However, if the engine coolant temperature sensor is malfunctioning that could cause hard or no starting because that temperature sensor provides an input to the PCM to enrich the mixture at cold start. If the starter motor is turning the engine over rapidly, at sufficient RPM, but the engine does not catch and run, that means that there is an ignition, fuel or air induction fault in the engine that will have to be repaired. To obtain a diagnosis and repair of the fault, the service to request is a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.