Q: Cranks over start than dies

The car will start sometimes and will be just fine, other times it will start for just second than die, and I can start it and it will die a few times than it will not start at all if you keep trying to start it it will eventually start again if you turn it off sometimes it will start just fine again other times it will start than die again I can start and it will die another few times until it will not start and it will just turn over and eventually start again after trying for awhile again there is no check engine light, new spark plugs new spark plug wires new fuel pump please help

Hi There, The idle air control valve is a small valve on the engine’s intake system that reads the air intake as it comes into the motor. This is controlled by the car’s ECM which uses this information to make adjustments to the air/fuel ratio depending on various inputs such as outside air temperature, intake air temperature, load and various other things. As you accelerate, your car’s engine is receiving a much higher dose of fuel than when at idle and conversely, when you let off the gas pedal, there is a sudden change in this fuel supply as a result of your foot letting off the pedal. When this happens, the job of the idle air control valve is to bring this deceleration down to a slow and smooth idle rather than suddenly cutting off the fuel supply causing the motor to die. When the idle air control valve is not working properly, this cause a disruption in this process resulting in the engine not being able to idle properly. I would recommend having a professional come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Cranks over start than dies