Q: Cranking no start has spark fuel 38 pulse at fuel injectors

Cranking no start

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Although you can...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Although you can have a "spark" (appearing on an external test), the plugs could be fouled enough to cause a no start condition, especially if you have tried repeatedly to start the engine and consequently flooded it, too. You can look at the plugs to see what their condition is but even prior to doing that, try removing the fuel pump fuse and turn the engine over to try to eliminate the possibility that the engine is flooded. If it still won't start and you have 45 PSI on the fuel rail and the injectors are firing (use noid test light on the injector plug harness and/or mechanic's stethoscope to hear individual injector solenoids' clicking), check the plugs. If you have both fuel and adequate ignition and the engine won't run even momentarily, there is a mechanical problem with the engine. With regard to fuel, if by chance the fuel is months old, that alone could account for a no start condition. If the vehicle has been sitting "for months" completely drain the gas tank. Gas past 6 months is essentially useless unless the gas has been stored in a vessel, or fuel tank, with essentially no air. If you would like help with these inspections, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.