Q: crank shaft sensor issue

Had hesitation starting. Did a spark plug change and cleaned throttle body today. First start was good. Blew some smoke from throttle body cleaner. Went to enjoy my work. Severe hesitation when trying to accelerate in mid range rpm. Feels like I lost compression.

A: If you believe that the issue is with the...

Hello.

If you believe that the issue is with the crank sensor then I would begin the diagnosis there. I would start by inspecting the wiring and sensor for any potential issues, perhaps damaged or frayed wiring, or a a dirty or broken connector. The crank sensor provides a very important signal that the entire engine management system relies on to operate properly. If there is an issue with the sensor or signal, it can affect the performance of the vehicle significantly, and in some cases even prevent it from running. Also keep in mind that hesitation and power loss can be caused by a wide variety of issues, such as problems with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. I would start with the crank sensor and go from there. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose the hesitation issue fully, and make necessary repairs.