Q: Crank sensor was replaced and car still stalling 2002 Mercedes ML320

I had the crank sensor replaced years ago and all good. Had it replaced last month and SUV still stalling while slowing down. Should I replace it again or have a diagnostic check done? Please help.

Hello - if replacing the crankshaft position sensor (CPS) recently was done in response to a "stalling when slowing down problem", I would have a diagnostic check done first before performing other maintenance. Replacing the CPS could have been an incorrect diagnosis, or it’s possible the replacement part is defective - not common, but it happens. First priority now is to determine what problem codes may be set in the engine, then let that knowledge guide the next repair step. I would recommend a engine stalling inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Crank sensor was replaced and car still stalling 2002 Mercedes ML320