Q: Cracked the engine block and need to know what years can replace it

I blew the motor and cracked the block broke a piston rod and am trying to save money and do a swap myself but don't know what years I can get the same motor out of

I admire your spirit. Be sure to grab a copy of the Haynes service manual for your vehicle. If you don’t want to buy it, check out your local library and borrow a copy for this job. It will be helpful when it comes time to torque important bolts, such as torque converter and flexplate bolts.

When it comes to which engine will work for you, save yourself the time and try this website. I have personally used them for my engine and transmission needs over the last 10 years. Tell them what you got and they will give you the options of what is compatible with your vehicle and all you have to decide is if you want to spend a little more for a low mileage engine, or take the chance with a cheaper higher mileage engine. Regardless of which route you go, their engines come with a 6 month/6000 mile warranty.

Good luck on your repair. Remember to always use safety glasses, jack stands and never work on your car alone. Get a friend to help, engines are heavy.