Q: Crack noise loud explosion

When I was on my way to pick up my daughter from school I heard a crack right under the car right where my feet were while driving. Then my car got super loud like a grass cutter. It was like something exploded in my car. Do you have any ideas what this might be?

A: Hello. From the symptoms you describe it wo...

Hello. From the symptoms you describe it would appear that the vehicle has developed an exhaust leak. If any of the exhaust pipes become damaged or break, an exhaust leak will occur, which apart from making the engine noticeably louder, can also cause performance issues. A thorough inspection of the vehicle’s exhaust would determine what repairs need to be made.