Q: Could I have a water pump problem?

I drove to the bank, parked and it starting smoking out from the back of the engine. Checked the coolant and it was low. Put more in it but it kept smoking. Finally got home and there was hardly any antifreeze in it. This is the first time this has happened. Could this be the water pump, a hose, or what? How much could any of these things cost? Thank you.

You may have a leaking heater hose or heater core. You will need to have the cooling system filled and then the system pressure tested to locate the leaking in the rear of the motor area. Do not drive vehicle with it low on coolant or engine damage may result.

3. Could I have a water pump problem?