Q: Could be a head gasket problem.

So just last night I discovered my cars check engine light came on along with my light on my temp gauge came on as well. Put a gallon of coolant plus water and it didn't want to stay at the level at all. It kept on going just like that. The way it looks right now, I might have a leak some where and it might be a head gasket problem..not sure if that's the case or not. Because I kept on fueling my car up every two to three days before it reached the half way point on the gas meter..Not sure if that could have caused it or not.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello. The amount of fuel you have been adding shouldn’t have anything to do with this unless it is simply using a lot of gas. As for the coolant, if the coolant is going low that fast then there is a problem.

I usually start by checking to see if there is any coolant spilling onto the ground and if not then I check the engine oil to see if the coolant is entering the oiling system. If it is then at the minimum it is a bad head gasket. It may even have a crack in the engine. At that point the engine will need to be disassembled and checked.

If you are going to have the car looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Could be a head gasket problem.