Q: cost to replace a 99 toyota solara timing belt

I was told the timing chain had to be replaced at 100,000 miles. How long should that take and at what cost?

On your vehicle the timing belt takes roughly 3 hours to replace. It is highly recommended that the water pump, thermostat, and any greased, sealed bearings be replaced at the same time that the belt is replaced. The reason for that is all the foregoing has a fixed, limited life and if they fail once you install a new timing belt you have to essentially do the same repair work all over again to get to those specific components. It is much more economical, and useful in terms of vehicle reliability, to perform all that work at one time whenever timing belt replacement is involved on a vehicle where the timing belt drives the water pump. If you desire to replace only the timing belt, please use the on-line estimator at YourMechanic’s timing belt replacement service page. If you desire the additional work, simply note that in the work order and/or please feel free to discuss the matter in detail with the responding certified mechanic who can give you detailed advice and answer any technical or other questions you may have. I will refer your query to customer service for a response as well. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. cost to replace a 99 toyota solara timing belt