Q: Q: cooling system

Hi everyone, I got a problem on my car and I went to many mechanics but there is no idea, everyone guessed and tried to get more money.

the engine temperature gauge doesn't work well, sometime it stop reading the temperature and sometime it shows the overheating for a few time and get back to the normal. when it shows the overheating the radiator cap starts steaming.

inaddition there is a code showing there is a problem on the cooling system.

Please can I get suggestions

If the check engine light is on and you have some preliminary indication that the "trouble code" implicates the engine cooling system, I would definitely consider that code as your first diagnostic clue. With regard to the temperature gauge, although you are describing overheating, you also describe erratic operation of the temperature gauge. If erratic operation is confirmed by a mechanic, the gauge/sensor/circuit should be repaired so you can get an accurate picture of what is going on with the engine temperature, both now while the overheating is being diagnosed, and in the future so that you can alerted if a new problem arises. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that the several problems you describe be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: cooling system