Q: Cooling fans not working

I have replaced the cooling fans,thermostat,cylinder head temperature sensor,relays and fuses and lower radiator hose. Van doesn't overheat. The heat inside works but lower radiator hose is cold and upper is hot. I know it could be the thermostat but I think it's loaded with air. I tried jacking it up and letting it run with expansion tank cap off. No luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken

Hi there. It does not sound like the vehicle needs a repair. How do you know that the fans are not working? If the engine does not reach a specified temperature, the fans will not come on. Did the van have a concern prior to your repair? If so, what was the concern. I suggest driving it for a few days and monitoring the temperature; verify the engine temperature with an infrared/laser thermometer and see if there is a large discrepancy. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with all of your service, diagnostic, and repair needs 7 days a week at your home or office. Feel free to schedule your next service at www.yourmechanic.com.

3. Cooling fans not working