Q: Q: Cooling Fans

The cooling fans are not coming on unless the AC is turned on. I have replaced the coolant temp sensor and thermostat so what else could be causing this ?

The cooling fans are controlled by the computer for the engine using the fan control module. If both of the cooling fans come on when the a/c is on then the problem is going to be in the signal from the engine computer when the engine temperature gets above 220 degrees. The cooling fan controller may also be not working correct for temperature control. Irecommend having the engine computer scanned and using scanner to actuate the fans to test the fan controller to see if it can control the fan speeds.

3. Q: Cooling Fans