Q: Coolant blows out of return jug overflow when driving 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

when driving up hill and about 2000 rpm cooling spray out of overflow jug. temp stays the same the water pump when cold makes noise at start up

Hi there - I would be concerned about a failing water pump. If it’s boiling coolant out of the reservoir, that is pretty high pressure (and high temperature) coolant. Perhaps your temp gauge is not registering properly? Or the reservoir cap is not holding it’s rated pressure? I would recommend an engine overheating inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Coolant blows out of return jug overflow when driving 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500