Q: Coolant/Transmission and leak issues related?

My car (2000 Olds Intrigue GLS) was overheating a few weeks ago and my coolant was low. I got the coolant topped off but it happened again. The mechanic pressure tested the system but could not find the source of the leak. There is SOMETHING leaking onto my driveway but I don’t know what. He told me to keep driving it and bring it back if it overheats again. So far so good until... In the last few days, my car has been "kicking" in the back end. I think it is when I shift. It even whined once. It happens more often at lower speeds but sometimes at higher speeds as well. It's not consistent. Could my leak/coolant/recent transmission problems be related? What could be wrong?!?!

The kicking in the back end that you are describing would be likely related to the transmission problems you have had, not the cooling system. Without additional information regarding the recent transmission problems, it would be tough for me to say what exactly it could be. I would recommend having an qualified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the kicking you’re experiencing firsthand and help you repair the leak as well. Good luck.

3. Coolant/Transmission and leak issues related?