Q: Coolant overflowing from reservoir cap

The coolant in my car is overflowing from the reservoir cap.

A: Coolant overflowing from a reservoir can be...

Coolant overflowing from a reservoir can be caused by many things, ranging from a problem a small problem such as replacing the cap, to a potential mechanical work, so I would recommend having the vehicle looked at by a knowledgable technician. I would first check to make sure that the sealing surface on the cap and reservoir are both in good sealing condition. If either one is damaged I would recommend a replacement to your coolant reservoir. If both seem to be okay, then that may be indicative of another problem, which can vary from engine mechanical on the vehicle’s cooling system, to electrical problems with the fan. Have a certified mechanic thoroughly inspect your cooling system so that a proper diagnosis can be made.