Q: Coolant overflowing

I have an 06 pt cruiser touring edition. I bought it and it was running hot and leaking water. Found out it was water pump. Changed it and the timing belt. Got it back drove good not running hot but noticed that coolant was dripping from the overflow tube. What is causing this?

If the coolant was overfilled during the service then it may release the excess fluid out the overflow tube. I would however have the cap replaced just to make sure. The cap may not be able to hold pressure like it should and is leaking the coolant out. Replace the cap only after the engine has cooled down. If the coolant level in the reservoir is above the max line on the reservoir then it may just be over full.