Q: Coolant mixed, car started running differently

I had some orange coolant in my car and I added a universal one to that. After I mixed these, the car started running differently. I was wondering whether I should get it flushed now. What do you think? Also, which coolant is the best for this particular make and model?

A: Hello. Mixing different “types” of antifree...

Hello. Mixing different “types” of antifreeze solutions will not make a car run “differently.” However, manufacturers of antifreeze do NOT recommend mixing with other “types” or brands due to possible chemical incompatibility, which will shorten the effective lifetime of corrosion inhibitor packages in the antifreeze. You should thoroughly flush your system and refill with Pentosin Antifreeze Part# 8114107.