Q: Coolant liquid running out unusually

I'm having trouble with the coolant. There's no leaking on the floor, but the coolant fluid isn't lasting more than around 5 days. The heating doesn't work - only cold air blows out. Even though it's summer now, I want to get this fixed now and not wait until next winter. What do I do to solve these problems?

A: For your safety, never attempt to service t...

For your safety, never attempt to service the engine cooling system while the engine is hot or the system is pressurized, as doing so could result in serious injury.

Since you are losing coolant, the engine cooling system needs to have a pressure test conducted to find the source of the leak. Some obvious evidence of a leak can include white residue near a coolant hose or a wet area.

The leak will have to be resolved and then the cooling system filled and bled. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can safely conduct the cooling system pressure test and locate the source of the leak. From there, they can make the proper repair to correct this issue.