Q: Coolant leak overheating engine

My car is leaking coolant. My temperature gauge is also going up.

Coolant can leak from a variety of places. It can be as simple as a loose clamp or bad hose, or more serious like a water pump, or bad gasket in the engine. Are you seeing the leak drip on the ground, do you see steam rising above the engine, is there coolant in the oil, or do you just smell it? You mentioned the temp gauge is rising as well. This is cause for concern. Overheating the engine will cause permanent damage to the engine depending on the severity. Do not delay the diagnosis and repair. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can help diagnose and repair your coolant leaking problem.

3. Coolant leak overheating engine