Q: Coolant leak & light came on, dealer suggesting will need radiator replacement

Car was mostly parked in past month - took it to vw service for the leak and they say radiator got busted from debris, is this possible?

It’s very possible that they are correct. The radiators on the Jetta are made of plastic and very thin aluminum and they are very delicate. It’s very possible that a piece of road debris could be kicked up with enough force to damage the radiator. Your car should have a number of shrouds and shields in place to minimize the possibility of this, so if any of those parts are missing, you would be doing yourself a favor to replace them. If you want to skip the dealer on this you can contact Your Mechanic and they will send a technician to your home or office to replace your radiator right there on the spot.

• Coolant leak & light came on, dealer suggesting will need radiator replacement