Q: Coolant leak.

Originally I was told the leak could be from a crack in the timing cover or a blown timing cover gasket but they didn't know. I put a water hose into the radiator and turned it on to find out where the leak was coming from and I believe it is from a busted freeze plug. I am unsure if this is a freeze plug or not however. The engine is a 2.8 multiport FI. I have pictures to add with this question but I am unsure how to attach them

A: You could have a bad freeze plug, however, ...

You could have a bad freeze plug, however, the plug did not go bad from the coolant freezing but from corrosion in the engine. The one freeze plug may be leaking but all of them are corroded also. They all should be replaced if one is leaking now, since another may begin to leak in a week or so. Replacing all of them at the same time on the block is a good idea. Do not use water from a garden hose since it may cause problems in the cooling system. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the coolant leak and replace the freeze plugs if necessary.