Q: Coolant leak

If your heater, defroster, and AC still works but you are still losing coolant from the vechile can that be caused by a bad thermostat?

Coolant can leak from many different places around the motor or the radiator. Many common places for leaks to happen are places where there is a pressure buildup such as radiator hoses and the water pump. Generally, when a water pump is going bad, you may hear a bit of a whining sound combined with the pump leaking. The most common place for the water pump to leak from is the pulley shaft seal which is in the front of the pump where the shaft comes out of the pump housing. When the pump is leaking, it will typically cause the engine to overheat as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your water pump.