Q: Coolant hose burst

The dash lights aren't working on the dash. And the coolant hose burst.

Hello. There could be a couple of reasons why your dash lights aren’t working. It could be that the lights or the fuse for the lights have blown out. It is also possible that there is a problem with the entire dash unit. As to your coolant hose, because of age it is probable that the coolant hose is worn out and bursted. This is easily fixed by replacing the old hose with a new one. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, should complete this repair as well as inspecting and diagnosing the issue with your dash lights.