Q: Coolant came out of the bottom of my van some were but today I put some water and it didn't leak.

Coolant leaked out of the bottom. It didn't overheat or anything but I still didn't drive it. The next day I put some water in the reservoir to see if it would come out. It did not come out and the van seems to be running fine. Why and were did it come out from and is that normal.

Hi Pete. Thanks for contacting us today. In some cases, especially if the coolant inside the motor is at a higher ratio than 50 / 50 of coolant to distilled water, the coolant will expand as it gets hot and spill from the overflow reservoir. As long as the engine does not overheat, and if you’ve recently added water and this issue has not happened again, you should be ok. I would recommend keeping an eye on your vehicle for the next few weeks, especially if you see any more coolant on the ground - as this might indicate a small leak in the radiator or cooling lines that needs to be diagnosed.

3. Coolant came out of the bottom of my van some were but today I put some water and it didn't leak.