Q: Coolant and noise issue

I brought my car into a very well known shop mienike and they pressure tested my car no leaks.... head gasket is fine and so is radiator...car does not over heat...but i still fond myself putting in more coolant every 2 weeks...... question2. i hear a noise comming from my engine around the belt area and its hard to explain the noise...but mechanic already checked belt and its fine...please help

A: Generally, when a water pump is going bad, ...

Generally, when a water pump is going bad, you may hear a bit of a whining sound combined with the pump leaking. The most common place for the water pump to leak from is the pulley shaft seal which is in the front of the pump where the shaft comes out of the pump housing. When the pump is leaking, it will typically cause the engine to overheat as well, but not always if the pump circulates enough despite the leak to keep the system pressurized. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your water pump.