Q: coolant airlock

changed lower radiator hose, refilled coolant,now seem to have an airlock. how do i burp the airlock so coolant goes into engine?

Squeeze the upper radiator hose and listen. If it doesn’t feel or sound like any coolant is inside of it, disconnect it from the radiator, pour some coolant directly into the upper hose and quickly reconnect it to the radiator before the coolant leaks out. Be sure to re-tighten the hose clamp.

Before you restart it, locate the bleeder screw on top of the water pump. It should be a black plastic screw. Loosen it slightly then start the engine. Allow it to bleed until you don’t see any air coming out. It shouldn’t take long. Shut the vehicle off and re-tighten the bleeder screw. You may have to repeat it once or twice.

If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to the vehicles location to service your coolant and ensure proper functionality. Good luck!

3. coolant airlock