Q: Convertible top doesn't always close

There is a reset procedure for the system as it is tied into the electric windows. Try the following procedure; make sure all four windows are all the way up before you do this. If they’re down right now, turn on your engine, put them all the way up, and turn the engine off.

Take a short break and return to the car. Get in your car. Close the door. Turn on the engine. Use the master switch (all four windows at once) and put the windows all the way down. Wait a second or two; then put them all the way up. Turn off engine.

Turn on engine, roll your windows all the way down with the master switch again. Release the top, and drop it with the open/close top switch. This should work.

Beyond this, I suggest hiring an experienced mechanic to inspect your convertible top, and other electrical components.

3. Convertible top doesn't always close