Q: Convertible top doesn't always close

3. Convertible top doesn't always close

Q: My brakes are hard to press and it's stuck under 2nd gear. Is it my brake pads?

It sounds like you may have two different problems. The first is a bad or leaking brake booster or another brake problem causing you to push the brakes harder than normal. The second problem is a transmission shifting issue. Being...

Q: How much does it cost to Replace a radiator in a vw polo 206

Hello and thanks for writing in. There are a number of reasons why you may be losing coolant, one of which is a leak in the radiator as you have been advised of. The other reasons may be that you...

Q: P0171 and P0442 in a 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T. We bought it used 144k miles. Light came on before changing the air filter. Any solutions

Hi there. The two codes you've listed might indicate different problems than you've been told are the root source. The P0171 code means that, on the first bank of the engine, the fuel system is running weak or a vacuum...