Q: Convertible test drove fine but now has rough ride

My convertible has 103,000 miles. When I test drove it (purchased used), it ran great so I bought it. Then, while driving it home (120 miles), I noticed that the car started running rough. I could feel every imperfection in the road. When my wife rode with me (she suffers with motion sickness), it was a very bad experience for her and she said she doesn't ever want to ride in it again. I have taken the car to the dealership and they told me that is how Miatas ride. It has 205 50 16 tires on it. What can I do to fix this rough ride and get my car riding smoother?

Many different components can attribute to a rough ride. The most common would be the tires, struts, shocks, springs, and various suspension components. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose why your car is running rough and perform any repairs required.

3. Convertible test drove fine but now has rough ride