Q: Convertible's top hit something & is stuck

My convertible’s top hit something in the back seat while I was putting it down. Now, it is stuck there. I had to lower it manually because the electrical part is no longer working. What advice can you give me for fixing this?

The top will have to either be stowed or placed in the closed position manually as per the emergency close/open procedure and the top reinitialized in order to restore automatic operation.

If the top will not reinitialize, then the statuses of the motor and convertible top system sensor will need to be checked and adjusted/replaced. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the expertise to diagnose the electrical functionality of the top and determine what should be done.