Q: Convertible rear window fell out & must also replace top

The rear window in our car fell out and separated from the top. The dealership told us we’d need a new top and it would cost several thousands. We found someone (an upholsterer) who could do it for less than ½ the dealer’s price. If it is absolutely necessary to have to replace the top, then we will. We also talked with the Chrysler headquarters and didn’t get any help from them. We’ve heard about a 3M window fix, but we’re not sure regarding the specifics that we need to know in order to get the right thing. Would you be able to help us know how to find out what we should order for the window and the top?

A: Hello. If you want to make sure that the wi...

Hello. If you want to make sure that the window does not come out again then you need to replace it with the complete top. If you replace just the window on this unit and try to secure it then it will come out again. You should be able to get the upholsterer to replace it much cheaper than the dealer would.