Q: control arms & ball joints

My car may also need front control arms in addition to ball joints. How often should they be replaced? How many control arms does this model have (front and rear)?

Control arms and ball joints are stout structural components on a vehicle and it would be exceptionally unusual to replace them on a 3 or 4 year old car unless the car was operated in highly unusual (severe) conditions, was in a crash, and or the factory installed, original parts are the subject of a service campaign (i.e., the parts are just plain defective). There is NO maintenance schedule or replacement requirement for control arms or ball joints (save for periodic inspection) again simply reflecting the fact that these parts are very long lived (75,000 miles would be a minimum). In your circumstances, if you already received an authoritative (written estimate) diagnostic condemning one or more of these components, unless you are very sure of the person(s) you are dealing with, get a second opinion from a knowledgeable person. To obtain a second opinion from Your Mechanic, the service to request is a suspension inspection and the responding certified Mechanic will get your concerns addressed. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.