Q: Connections rusted and now make noise

The links connecting the exhaust between the catalytic converter and the muffler seem to have rusted to the point where they are no longer connected, but they are still touching, making a very loud noise while driving due to the vibrating metal-on-metal.

A: Hi! The rusting exhaust hangers you are des...

Hi! The rusting exhaust hangers you are describing are a common issue that many vehicle owners face. In most cases, the hangers can be re-welded to the existing exhaust. But in some cases parts of the exhaust system will have to be replaced because the rust has done too much damage to the exhaust structure. I would suggest having a certified technician inspect the affected areas and determine which components are causing the noise.