Q: Concerns and checks before warranty ends at 60k

On a level surface the transmission dipstick after car drove and still on reads half in the margin of where it should be also it is no longer red, more grayish. Should I be concerned? Is it leaking? heard of common place it could, dealer said no leaks or codes. How much should an engine vibrate in engine brake parked? I change regular oil every 6k, putting full synthetic in next time. Drive mostly highways ranging from 80-90 when no traffic. Under warranty already replaced a gasket or seal because it was leaking. What are the odds for more or others to start? When care running there is a high pitched noise that I do not remember when the car was newer (been in the family). Changed fuel pump, maybe helped alittle. It is back. Also is it normal to see slight rev differences in park with AC on?

You should look into having the transmission serviced. This involves changing the fluid and filter. The gray color is a sign of normal wear, so long as it doesn’t smell burnt. It is also normal to have consumed a slight amount of fluid over time.

The engine shouldn’t vibrate enough to shake the vehicle to the point that a cup that’s in a cup holder is filled half an inch from the rim to spill over the edge of the cup.

If the car fails this test, the engine mounts are most likely at fault. Valve cover gaskets also have a high failure rate on your vehicle and usually begin to leak at around 100k miles. Other leaks may present themselves over time. It is important to address each as they arise to avoid further damage to the engine.

The high pitched noise may be related to the engine accessory drive belt. The belt wears over time and will cause squeaks and such.

Finally, it is normal for the engine to change rpm with the A/C turned on. The A/C is putting a load on the engine which bogs it down slightly when the compressor engages.

If you ever need work done after your warranty ends, get in touch with YourMechanic. We can service your vehicle at your home or office.

3. Concerns and checks before warranty ends at 60k