Q: Comparison between a V6 and a V4

I'm telling my friend that a V6 will last longer than a V4 and when the blown engine on a V6 will run better. Is this correct? Given the fact that more cylinders are pushing the broken cylinder.

A: Yes to some extent. You don't want to d...

Yes to some extent. You don't want to drive a car with the blown engine anyways. But, on the other hand, I've seen Toyota Corollas that people tried to destroy and they would rack one cylinder and run on three and they'd still drive them for weeks. It all depends on the engine design, who makes them, and how well they are made. A V6 Chrysler engine is not going to outlast a 4-cylinder Toyota Camry engine. I'll tell you that. It has more to do with the in-house designs and what manufacturers are making their own engines.