Q: Coil symbol keeps flashing on instrument panel

coil symbol keeps flashing on instrument panel and occasionally the engine management light

Hi there. The coil looking light may be the glow plug indicator light. The glow plug warning light is designed to alert the vehicle driver that they are functional. However, if the light stays on, it’s a secondary warning light that indicates an issue exists within the engine management system. The only way to know for certain what’s causing the light to stay illuminated is to have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection on your TDI. This will permit the mechanic to download any error codes that trigger the warning lights, so they can determine the source of your Volkswagen’s issues.

3. Coil symbol keeps flashing on instrument panel