Q: Codes 122 and 172 and high rpms and jerks when I let off the gas

When idling it's really rough and the rpms are to high they remain high when in neutral and when letting off gas and also jerks when I let my foot off of the gas and stops when I put the clutch back in it reads codes 122,522and 172 bought new maf censor new plugs new air and gas filters semi cleaned throttle body changed oil just put it new clutch other than these issues it seems to drive fine

The codes you are describing relate to the following:

Code P0122 - the car’s computer has detected that the TPS (throttle position sensor) is reporting too low a voltage. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal.

There are trouble codes that are typically associated with the TPS. One code will set if the TPS voltage is too high when the computer expects to see it lower. Another code will set if the TPS voltage is lower than the computer expects to see. The TPS code for low voltage is the most common and will usually set if the TPS is out of adjustment or the sensor has failed. The first thing you should do when you get a TPS code is to check adjustment and signal output of the TP sensor before replacing it. Be sure to wiggle all connections while watching scan data/voltage readout to make sure the problem is not a loose or bad connection.

There are circumstances that could occur with a failing throttle position sensor that may not set a trouble code. One of the most common symptoms of a failing TPS would be a tip-in hesitation or stumble when you apply throttle to take off from a stop. This can be caused by a dead spot in the TP sensor’s internal circuitry, which usually causes the output voltage signal to not change (or it drops out) when the throttle opens. Unfortunately this type of failure is not easy to diagnose without the proper tool – a digital waveform scope. Most digital volt meters and scan tool displays will not respond fast enough to show this type of a glitch; but some may. If you do find this fault, then the obvious fix is to replace the TP sensor.

Code P0522 - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Low Voltage. This is likely related to poor wiring/connection to the oil pressure switch or a faulty switch.

Code P0172 - Indicates that there may be too much fuel present in the exhaust gases. This may be caused by many different things such as: -A dirty mass air flow sensor overstating the amount of air entering the engine which may cause excessive fuel delivery -A bad oxygen sensor -A leaking fuel injector allowing too much fuel to enter the combustion chamber -A faulty fuel regulator, which may not be regulating the pressure of the going to the engine as it should -A vacuum leak -A possible fault in the coolant system such as a stuck thermostat or bad coolant temperature sensor -Worn spark plugs

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Codes 122 and 172 and high rpms and jerks when I let off the gas