Q: Code PO430 needs to be fixed

auto shop is stating they must replace the whole catalyst system to repair bank 2 code P0430. can the one bad catalytic converter be replaced at a fraction of the cost to replace the one bad one? my exhaust is in great shape

The catalyst come as an assembly on most Ford and Lincoln vehicles. You may be able to go to an aftermarket muffler/ exhaust shop and just replace the one catalyst but the engine may not run evenly and the other catalyst may be right behind the one that needs replaced now. The shop is doing you a favor by recommending the catalyst as an assembly so you engine will run better an will have equal back pressure in the exhaust.

3. Code PO430 needs to be fixed