Q: Code P0455 2004 Audi A4 2.0T

Can the code p0455 mean it's the purge vavle? And can a bad purge vavle cause a car after you put in gas to have a bad start up ?

Hello - a P0455 indicates a large evaporative emissions leak. This problem code originates with the evaporative emissions system purge valve, which expects positive pressure flow from the evap emissions cannister - which captures fumes from the fuel tank primarily. (So, yes, it can cause a problem after a fill-up.) If the purge valve flow sensor doesn’t recognize flow when the valve opens, a P0455 results. The cause could be a malfunction of the purge flow sensor, malfunctioning evap cannister purge solenoid, or other leaking leak detection valve at the fuel tank. This can be a gas cap error, but not normally. I recommend a Check Engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Code P0455 2004 Audi A4 2.0T