Q: Clutch went right to the floor

it was sometimes difficult to change gears. then while driving the petal felt mushy and i couldn't get it into gear. i stopped and i still couldn't get it in gear. I shut it off ony then could i get it into gear. i was able to get where i was going. the next time i got into the car. it was in gear and taking off when i turned the key. the clutch went right to the floor when pushed and i couldn't shift gears except when i shut it off. i checked the fluid and it is full... my question is would it be the clutch or could it be something else?

Hey there. In all likelihood, the clutch is worn to the point of needing replacement. Being able to move the shifter into each gear with the vehicle off is usually an indication that the clutch is worn out. When the clutch disc is worn, it does not have enough material and strength to properly engage and disengage the transmission from the flywheel. The reason you can move the shifter into each gear with the engine off is the transmission is no longer dealing with the engine to shift gears. Have a certified technician inspect the clutch operation as soon as possible so that this can be resolved.

3. Clutch went right to the floor