Q: clutch slave cylinder goes out and car is towed

The Clutch Slave Cylinder went out on my car at around 23,000 miles. It was so fortunate that I was in my driveway when it happened. The clutch pedal went all the way to the floorboard and it would not engage. I had to have the car towed to the dealership and they told me that it was due to misuse of the vehicle from a burned flywheel. In researching on my own, I learned that hundreds of drivers with my make/model and manual transmission are having this same problem with the plastic CSC in their cars. I truly feel this should be a recall issue! In your experience, what will fix this?

A: When problems like these arise, one can loo...

When problems like these arise, one can look to the aftermarket world for solutions. With some research, you may be able to find a part made by a company that specializes in these vehicles and creates upgraded parts for higher performance. Unfortunately you will have to do the research on your own and you take a certain amount of risk installing parts that are not recommended by the manufacturer - so do your homework first. It would also be worth checking in with your local Nissan dealer to see if any recalls do actually exist that can help you out. If you would like to have this looked at by a professional outside of the dealership, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your car’s location in order to diagnose your clutch problem and give you specific advice on a repair.