Q: Clutch not working

The clutch on the car is not springing back up when you press it. I don't know if it's the clutch slave or clutch master cylinder. I don't see an option to select to have a mechanic come out and tell me exactly what is wrong. How can I go about this without scheduling a service that's not the issue?

A: I believe you are exactly right. If your ve...

I believe you are exactly right. If your vehicle has a hydraulic clutch, the slave cylinder has likely gone bad. It is the hydraulic pressure that springs the pedal back to its normal height. When the clutch goes to the floor, it is because an internal seal in the slave cylinder has failed and therefore the slave cylinder can not build any hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a qualified mechanic come to inspect the clutch to verify if your slave cylinder has actually failed. If so, a replacement slave cylinder would be required in order to get your transmission to perform properly once again.