Q: Clutch maybe Transmission noise

on cold startups, sometimes a clunking noise emerges when I release and engage the clutch. Not only that, for example, when I am in first gear and I am at a high RMP ,maybe 4000 to 5000, and I accelerate and let go off the accelerator quickly , I hear that same noise. What could it be? Thanks.

This sounds like a mount for the engine or transmission is broken or the clutch master cylinder is binding and causing the clutch to not engage smoothly . You may also have an axle that is going bad. An inspection of all the mounts and the axles should be done to see what is the cause of your issue. I recommend you have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic, inspect and verify the noise for you.