Q: Clutch making screeching noise. 2013 Audi A8

My car has about 37,500 miles on it, and it’s in great condition. But when I drove home today I heard a screeching noise. It was a high pitched noise and very quiet at the same time when I pressed on the clutch and let up on it. When the car wasn't moving there wasn't any sound. It only happened when I used the clutch. I didn't hear it when the engine was off or from the pedal inside. The noise was coming from the outside when the engine was on. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?

Hello. It sounds like you either have a failing bearing in the transmission, or more commonly it is a failure in the clutch throw out bearing or pilot bearing. Most of the time, if it makes noise when pressing in the pedal it is the throw out bearing. It can also be the clutch disc if the car is driven hard or if the disc failed prematurely. If you want to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise.

3. Clutch making screeching noise. 2013 Audi A8