Q: Clutch issues 2001 Saturn SL1

Hi, I have a 2001 Saturn SL. Sometimes when my clutch is engaged, the rpm rams up real high, even at stop light or downshifting.

Hi - I think your clutch disc is all used up, or has gotten oil on it, and you are due for a new clutch. It should not be slipping under a load like this of course. I recommend a clutch inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.