Q: Clutch issues 2001 Saturn SL1

Hi, I have a 2001 Saturn SL. Sometimes when my clutch is engaged, the rpm rams up real high, even at stop light or downshifting.

Hi - I think your clutch disc is all used up, or has gotten oil on it, and you are due for a new clutch. It should not be slipping under a load like this of course. I recommend a clutch inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Clutch issues 2001 Saturn SL1