Q: Clutch Issue

Hello, My Clutch is CLEARLY not fully disengaging but is perfectly fine when fully engaged. It's "sticking" from what I just read on your website. Before reading the info on your website, I took my vehicle to get checked out at an Auth. Chevy Service Dept, and after 1 hour of labor they returned and said "these are the parts that are starting to go"-a flywheel (24245480), a slave cylinder (92159965), a pressure plate (19257348) & 7.1 hrs of labor totaling over $1,800.

My main question is, with ZERO slipping when engaged, no noticeable loss in power/torque, could it be possible that they problem lies only with the slave cylinder? Is it a situation that if using all Genuine Chevy Parts, you can ONLY replace the slave cylinder and the flywheel and pressure plate will work properly, or is it one of those things that if you change one you have to change them all? Is this an automatic up-sale?

can you distinguish the necessity of all 3 without actually taking it apart, they only had 1 hour

Hello. From what you are explaining it sounds like the clutch itself is failing. This vehicle had a lot of issues with the clutch which can cause it to fail prematurely. Most of the time when the clutch friction disc wears down the clutch will start to bind at times. This is a design issue, but it is because it stops sliding well internally. If you are going to pull the transmission out it is important to change all of the related parts, because the transmission removal is the largest part of the cost. If you want to save some money you should have a transmission specialist check it out.

3. Clutch Issue