Q: My clutch is not working properly.

Had car in 1st gear with clutch depressed, was about to release clutch pedal (but didn't move foot at all) the car urged forward, was able to put car in neutral. the pedal has very little resistance and does not return on its own. i can push on the slave cylinder from under the hood and audibly hear the pedal return once i depress the slave cylinder.

It sounds to me as if you have a failure in the hydraulic part of your clutch system. A soft clutch pedal that will not return and is not disengaging the clutch properly is often caused by a failed clutch master cylinder or a leak in the system. The hydraulic line may be bled to see if the function changes, but if not then you may need to replace the clutch master cylinder. Consider hiring an experienced like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at your clutch pedal concerns and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. My clutch is not working properly.