Q: clutch, hard to change gears. in this snow ,y clutch went to the bottom and stayed

in this snow the other day my clutch went to the bottom and stayed I had to pull it up. now I was at a light saw smoke coming from the back of hood gears was hard to change. smell smoke on inside car. I had to jam it in gear. does clutch need adjusting?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The cause of this issue would depend on whether your vehicle has a hydraulic or cable driven clutch. If the clutch is hydraulic, it is very likely that the clutch slave cylinder has failed causing a lack of hydraulic pressure. This will prevent the clutch from engaging all together. If the clutch is cable operated, the cable may have snapped causing the pedal to go to the floor. The clutch is internal to the transmission and even if the clutch was worn out to the maximum point of wear, the pedal should still not go to the floor. Therefore, I beleive that the clutch itself may be ok. I would recommend having your clutch system inspected by a qualified professional. Consider YourMechanic as this service can be completed at your home or office.

3. clutch, hard to change gears. in this snow ,y clutch went to the bottom and stayed