Q: Clutch gone out?

When I put car in gear it does not go rpm just goes up with no mph when I put it in gear release the clutch pull and push the brakes it just idles instead shuts off is this a bad clutch disk gone out what do I need to buy to fix the problem?

Hi there. It sounds like you do have a failed clutch disc, pressure plate, or stuck release bearing. I strongly suggest acquiring a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a clutch is not working inspection.

3. Clutch gone out?