Q: Clutch going out on car

I possibly need a clutch replacement. I detect a burning smell along with a noise that sounds like a pressure plate is wearing out. My four cylinder is starting to produce black smoke from the engine area.

Hello, from what you are describing, it is possible that you’re having a clutch problem. Also keep in mind that black smoke could also mean that fluid is leaking from somewhere. I would suggest having a certified technician come out to test drive your car, as well as inspect it to determine the cause of your clutch issue.

3. Clutch going out on car